Friday, May 17, 2013

Church Beautification Service Project

This year we spent 1/3 of our cookie money to serve the community. The girls voted to help the church we meet at and do a landscaping project.  On May 4th, the church went from drab to WOW!!  This week we had 14 yards of mulch delivered for the girls to spread and 14 flowers to plant.  Believe it or not with the help of 9, 8 year old girls, 3 women and 2 men we were able to finish in 2 hours.  I was so incredibly PROUD!!  The girls listened, they were great dealing with smelly mulch and had fun too!!  We talked and I really think they understood the how important it was to give back to our community- with time, money and effort.    The girls were honestly Rock Stars!!  The leaders and I agreed today was by far the best project we did all year round.  Thank you to everyone that came out today and participated.  The girls can now say every time they come to McCuller's Baptist Church "I did this!!!"  
 
Girls Rock!!!



 
A BIG Thank you to my husband, Collins, in helping with this service project and Isidro!!!
 
The saying is true...Many Hands make Light Work!!!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment